NOSTALGIA INN – Pipestem, West Virginia
The Crown Jewel of privately owned property is located at the entrance of Pipestem Resort State Park
|Address:||69 Nostalgia Circle, Pipestem, WV 25979|
Randy S. "Riverbend" Burdette, 304.667.2897 or 304.645.7674
The Crown Jewel of privately owned property is located at the entrance of Pipestem Resort State Park in wild and wonderful Summers County West Virginia. The Pipestem Resort State Park is acclaimed as being one of the Crown Jewels in the WV State Park system. Nostalgia Inn owners Mr. and Mrs. White have one of the most unique properties that has ever been offered in the southeastern region of West Virginia. Currently being used as a residence for the Whites, the property has been an Inn, a B & B, and an event center; the opportunities for so many multi-uses await the new owners! The Nostalgia Inn is approximately 10,000 square feet of rustic charm building, complete with antiques and vintage items from all around the country and the world. Open beam ceilings, barn wood interior siding.
- Directly across the road to the 4050-acre Pipestem Resort State Park. Two golf courses, horseback riding and stables, overnight trail rides, indoor swimming pool, tennis and basketball courts, a sauna, an outdoor pool, hiking trails, sled rentals and cross-country rentals (seasonal), as well as a naturalist program and nature center
- Wild and Wonderful Summers Co. WV
- The Pipestem area enjoys 4 seasons of weather and activity
- Easy drive to nearby Winter Place Skiing
- Bluestone State Park and the famous New River are 10 miles from Pipestem. The Bluestone Reservoir Dam is approximately 2000 acres
- Outstanding hunting and fishing abounds in the area
- World class whitewater recreation is nearby on the New and Gauley Rivers
- Guest rooms quality is similar to that of franchise hotel suites
- 3.00 Acres +/- by brand new survey
- Parking for nearly 100 vehicles
- Incredible business opportunity for the savvy entrepreneur! LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! Directly across the road from the main entrance to Pipestem Resort State Park
- Approx. 10,000 sq. ft. building
- Modern HVAC all central
- Incredible Great Room
- Must see handcrafted stone double fireplace in the Great Room
- Only minutes from shopping and post office
- Only minutes away from Athens the home of Concord University
- The West Virginia Turnpike interstate 77 is nearby at Athens
- Historic Hinton the county seat of Summers County is only 15 miles from Pipestem. Hinton was a boom town with advance of Collis Huntington’s Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad. Today in Hinton you will find quaint shops and eateries along with national chain stores and restaurants. The Railroad history continues in Hinton with a Train museum, annual railroad days, and in nearby Talcott the home of the John Henry legend hosts an annual folk celebration in July.
Google Coordinates: 37.509954°(N), -80.964551°(W)
Address: 69 Nostalgia Circle, Pipestem, WV 25979
Elevation: 2640 ft. +/-
All rights the owner has with this property will convey.
BOUNDARIES AND SURVEY
The property has a December 2017 boundary survey that will be made a part of the conveyance deed. The property is being sold by the boundary and not by the acre.
Water: Public, also has a well.
Sewer: Community system with Rock Ridge Resort.
Electricity: present on the property
Telephone: present on the property
Cellphone Coverage: Good
The property has access rights-of-way that connect to both WV RT 20 and Indian Ridge Road County RT 26, providing access to the public road system.
Summers County currently has no known zoning or subdivision regulations. However, all prospective buyers should consult the County Government and also the Health Department for any changes and details regarding zoning, building codes, and installation of septic systems.
PROPERTY TYPE/USE SUMMARY
The property is devoted to the buildings and surrounding business grounds.
DEED, TAXES, LEGAL
Deed Information (DB/PG): 257/616, 257/614, 237/743, 236/202, 235/538, 227/100, 207/241
Summers County, West Virginia
Acreage: Property being conveyed contains 3.00 +/- acres by December 2017 survey
Real Estate Tax ID/Acreage/Taxes:
Summers County (45), West Virginia
Pipestem District (6)
Map 16A, Parcel 82, po Parcel 130, po Parcel 130.1
2017 Real Estate Taxes: $2,845 +/-
Summers County School District
Public Elementary Schools:
Hinton Area Elementary School
Jumping Branch Elementary School
Talcott Elementary School
Public Middle School:
Summers County Middle School
Public High School:
Summers County High School
The Gorge cradles the New River, one of the world’s oldest. It offers every level of whitewater sports, from jet boats to rafting, kayaking and SUP’s. The Gorge is known for its world class rock climbing, fishing, hiking, camping, mountain biking and ziplines. There are 3 National Parks here, plus 10 State Parks in this, the 3rd most forested state in the US and is home to more than 1,400 species of plants and diverse wildlife.
Historic Hinton is the county seat of Summers County and continues to be a main artery in the CXS Railway System. Rail passenger service is offered via Amtrak at the Hinton depot. Downtown Hinton offers something for all age groups, including a water park for the young at heart, museums and street fairs throughout the year. Special second Saturday events in the downtown area are a major draw during the warmer months. The historic Ritz Theatre offers the finest in a recently renovated event center for plays and theatre. Wonderful small-town cafes and a soda fountain are within easy walking distance of the downtown hub.
Just minutes to Bluestone Lake, Sandstone Falls, Bluestone State Park, and Pipestem Resort, the surrounding area offers unlimited soft recreational activities including white water rafting, golfing, hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, bird watching and rock climbing. Snow skiing at the Winterplace Resort is less than 45 minutes away. In fifteen minutes you can catch the Amtrak train in Hinton and ride to the Greenbrier Resort, Chicago or New York City. The Beckley Airport is just 45 minutes away. The new 10,000-acre Boy Scout high adventure camp is an hour’s drive and the 14,000 acre Wildlife Management Area is just around the corner at Bull Falls.
The New River is the second oldest river in the world, preceded only by the Nile; it is the oldest river in North America. The New River is unique because it begins in Blowing Rock, N.C. and flows north through Virginia into West Virginia. The Nile and Amazon are the only other major rivers that also flow north. Year after year, it produces more citation fish than any other warm water river in WV. Small-mouth bass, large-mouth bass, crappie, catfish, sunfish, hybrid striped bass, and muskie are all common species of fish found in the New River and Bluestone Lake.
Bluestone Lake is over 2000 acres at summer pool and is the state’s third largest body of water. Bluestone Retreat adjoins great hunting and fishing opportunities abound at the 17,632-acre Bluestone Wildlife Area adjacent to the park and nearby Camp Creek State Forest.
NEARBY PRINCETON, WV
Only minutes away is the thriving city of Princeton, the county seat of Mercer County. The area is a strong economic generator with a solid workforce employed in county/state government, tourism, hospitality, education, retail, construction, wood products, mining and agriculture. The surrounding area is richly blessed with a wide array of cultural events that keep life interesting and satisfying. Visit http://www.visitmercercounty.com/
From Athens, West Virginia: 7.8 miles +/- (approximately 11 minutes)From Athens Elementary, travel RT 20 North 7.5 miles; turn right onto Rock Ridge Drive (directly across RT 20 from the entrance to Pipestem State Park); travel 1/10 mile; turn left into the Inn property; travel the short distance to the Inn.From Hinton, West Virginia: 14.1 miles +/- (approximately 20 minutes)From the Hinton New River Bridge, travel RT 20 South 13.8 miles; turn left onto Rock Ridge Drive (directly across RT 20 from the entrance to Pipestem State Park); travel 1/10 mile; turn left into the Inn property; travel the short distance to the Inn.
- Amtrack Station at Hinton, WV
- Barns of Summers County – Info on Historic Barns and Great History of Area
- Bluestone State Park
- Bluestone Wildlife Management Area
- Camp Summers
- Concord University
- Groundworks Nursery
- Mercer County Convention and Visitors
- Mercer County, WV Official Page
- New River Gorge National Park
- Otter and Oak General Store and Art Gallery
- Pipestem Resort State Park
- State of West Virginia
- Summers County Appalachian Regional Healthcare Hospital
- The Boy Scouts of America – The Summit Bechtel Reserve
- Three Rivers Avian Center
- West Virginia Cave Conservancy
- West Virginia Conservation Agency
- West Virginia State Parks
- Willowood Country Club and Golf
- Winterplace Ski Resort
- WV Department of Natural Resources
- State of West Virginia
- West Virginia Explorer
- West Virginia Government
- West Virginia State Parks
- West Virginia Tourism
- Wonderful West Virginia Magazine
- WV Department of Natural Resources
- Virginia – Commonwealth of Virginia
- Virginia is for Lovers
- Virginia Museum of History & Culture
- Virginia Museum of Natural History
- Virginia National Park Service
- Virginia Recreation
- Virginia State Parks