ALTA 4 – TRACT 4
Richard Grist, 304.645.7674
74 +/- surveyed acres ideal for commercial and residential development located at the major I-64 Alta Interchange (#161) interconnecting with US Route 60 and Route 12.
- 74 +/- acres located at the major I-64 Alta Interchange (#161) interconnecting with US Route 60 and Route 12
- New survey on file
- Commercial – Residential – Recreation potential
- 10 minutes to Lewisburg with all big box stores, restaurants, historic district and more
- 1st time on market in over 100 years
- 30,000 daily traffic count through the Interchange
- 37 +/- acres pasture/fields
- 36 +/- acres of forestland
- 3/4 mi +/- frontage on Rt. 12 and U.S. Rt. 60
- 3 Phase electric service, cable, phone, cell coverage, 4-G
- Gentle laying land for maximum developmental potential
- 15 minutes Lewisburg’s jet airport with daily flights to Chicago & Washington DC
- 30 min to Beckley, 90 min to Charleston and 90 min to Roanoke
- Suited for commercial, residential, recreational activities and wildlife development
- FedEx, UPS and USPS delivery, trash pickup, newspaper delivery
- Cell phone coverage is excellent with 4G service
- Ephemeral creeks create a nice habitat
- Rich and diverse resident wildlife population
- Network of interior provide hiking, horseback riding or ATV’ing
- Elevations range from 1926 ft. to 2187 ft.
- Low taxes
- Dynamic forest with some old growth trees estimated to be 200-300 years old
- Surrounded by large farms, timber tracts and commercial operations
- Timber species include beautiful oaks, black walnut, poplar, maple and hickories
- Interesting and very diverse geology and archeology features
Google Coordinates: 37.870592°(N), -80.552974°(W)
Address: No 911 address is assigned to property without structures, but the property would have a Lewisburg, WV address.
Elevation Range: 1928 ft. to 2481 ft. +/-
Historic Greenbrier County
Lewisburg, which is the Greenbrier County seat, was voted the Coolest Small Town in America, combining the warmth of a close community with the sophistication of more urban locations. The thriving downtown historic district offers year-round live productions presented at the State Professional Theatre of WV, Carnegie Hall, distinctive dining venues, antique shops, award-winning galleries/boutiques, a year-round farmer’s markets. Greenbrier Valley Medical Center is a modern hospital and all attendant medical facilities, along with the many big box stores.
The county and city host several fairs & festivals throughout the year including The WV State Fair, a professional 4-weekend Renaissance Festival, Chocolate Festival, Taste of our Town Festival (TOOT), antique car shows, Jeep Rally, Airstream Rally, WV Barn Hunt Competition, PGA Tour @ The Greenbrier Resort, and numerous fun parades.
Lewisburg is the home to the Greenbrier Country Public Library, a fantastic, ultra-modern public library that is open 7 days a week. The library’s services include: Reading Areas, References, Notary Public, Local History Room, Tax Forms, Fax Service, Photo Copies, Digital Printing, Inter Library Loans, Internet/Computer Access, Audio Books, eBooks, Story Hour, Video & DVD’s, Paperback Book Exchange, Literacy Tutoring, Databases, Computer Classes, Book Discussions, Children’s Programming and an Online Catalogue.
Lewisburg is also home to the modern Robert. C Byrd Medical Clinic (300 employees), the WV Osteopathic Medical School (600 students) and the New River Community and Technical College. The area is a strong economic generator with a solid workforce employed in county/state government, tourism, hospitality, medical, education, retail, construction, wood products, mining and agriculture.
The world-renowned Greenbrier Resort, with 800 rooms and 1600 employees, is located in the sleepy little town of White Sulphur Springs. The 4-Star resort has a subterranean casino and is home to the PGA tour, NFL Summer Practice Event, Tennis Exhibitions (Venus Williams, John McEnroe etc.).
Several other area golf courses are available in the area – including Oakhurst Links, America’s first golf course, where guests play using old style hickory-handled clubs and ground-burrowing golf balls.
A picturesque train ride from White Sulphur Springs connects the area to DC, Philadelphia, Chicago, and many other locations. By car, DC is 4 hours away and Charlotte is only 4.
Within a two-hour’s drive are located some of the finest recreational facilities in West Virginia. Winterplace Ski Resort, whitewater rafting / fishing on the New River and Gauley River, 2000-acre Bluestone Lake, Pipestem State Park and Resort and the 80,000-acre New River National Gorge National Park. Five other area state parks and state forests offer unlimited hiking, horseback riding, ATV riding and rock climbing opportunities. Snowshoe Ski Resort is 90-minute drive through some of the most scenic country on the East Coast. The new 12,000-acre Boy Scout High Adventure Camp and home to the US and World Jamboree is an hour’s drive.
All mineral rights the owner has in title will convey with the property. West Virginia is one of the states in the US that has two ownership titles, those being SURFACE RIGHTS and MINERAL RIGHTS. A title search for mineral rights ownership has not been conducted. A mineral title search could be conducted by a title attorney at the same time when the surface title search is being conducted.
There is a current lease between the owner and Appalachian Aggregates for the rights to the limestone-rock.
Water: Water well can be drilled (Public water supply is currently in the planning stages)
Sewer: conventional septic can be installed
Internet: Through Frontier Cable
Cellphone Coverage: Excellent with 4G
This tract has frontage of 3/4 mi +/- on RT 12 and RT 60 providing direct access to the public road system.
Greenbrier County is subject to some zoning and subdivision regulations. All prospective buyers should consult the County Commission and the Health Department for details regarding zoning, building codes and installation of septic systems.
Information can be found at the county website: http://greenbriercounty.net/ordinances.
PROPERTY TYPE/USE SUMMARY
The property contains 36.5 +/- total acres of pasture/fields; and 36 +/- total acres of forestland; 0.25 acre +/- Alta Park & Ride; and 1.25 acre +/- powerline.
(This summary is an estimation of current property use as determined from aerial photography. It is made subject to the estimation of property boundaries and any errors in the interpretation of land use type from the aerial photography utilized.)
DEED AND TAX INFORMATION
Deed Information: DB 443 Pg.113
Greenbrier County, West Virginia
Acreage: 73.989 acres, more or less, as determined by recent survey (part of 351.076 acres)
Real Estate Tax ID/Acreage/Taxes:
Greenbrier County (13), West Virginia
Blue Sulphur District (3)
Currently Tax Map 11 Parcel 27; Class 2
2019 Real Estate Taxes for the whole property $438.10.
Greenbrier County School District
Public Elementary Schools:
Alderson Elementary School
Lewisburg Elementary School
Rupert Elementary School
Public Middle Schools:
Eastern Greenbrier Middle School
Western Greenbrier Middle School
Public High School:
Greenbrier East High School
Greenbrier West High School
New River Community and Technical College (Lewisburg campus)
West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
Greenbrier Episcopal School (PK-8)
Greenbrier Valley Academy (2-8)
Lewisburg Baptist Academy (PK-12)
Renick Christian School (2-7)
Seneca Trail Christian Academy (PK-12)
From Lewisburg: 8 Miles +/- (approx.10 minutes)
Travel I-64 West for 7.4 miles to Alta Alderson Exit No. 161; at the end of the exit ramp, turn right onto RT 12; the property begins on the left and continues with US 60 West.
From Alderson: 12 Miles (approx. 15 minutes)
From Alderson travel WV RT 12 North about 11.5 miles to the intersection of RT 12 and I-64 (Alta Alderson Exit 161) just past Alta Station (The Meeting Place Restaurant); cross over I-64; the property is on the left and continues with US 60 West.
- Alderson 4th of July Celebration
- Amtrack Station at Hinton, WV
- Amtrak Station at Alderson, WV
- Carnegie Hall
- City Of Lewisburg, WV
- Greenbrier County Hotels and Motels
- Greenbrier County Restaurants
- Greenbrier County, WV
- Greenbrier Resort
- Greenbrier Valley Airport
- Greenbrier Valley Medical Center
- Greenbrier Valley Theater
- New River Community and Technical College
- State of West Virginia
- West Virginia Cave Conservancy
- West Virginia Conservation Agency
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
- West Virginia State Parks
- Winterplace Ski Resort
- WV Department of Natural Resources
- State of West Virginia
- West Virginia Explorer
- West Virginia Government
- West Virginia State Parks
- West Virginia Tourism
- Wonderful West Virginia Magazine
- WV Department of Natural Resources
- Virginia – Commonwealth of Virginia
- Virginia is for Lovers
- Virginia Museum of History & Culture
- Virginia Museum of Natural History
- Virginia National Park Service
- Virginia Recreation
- Virginia State Parks