FALLING WATER CABIN
This immaculate log cabin is located just 5 minutes from Snowshoe Resort. The owner, United Way of Greenbrier Valley, plans to use the proceeds from the cabin sale in its flood relief efforts.
|Address:||313 Erewhon Drive, Slatyfork, WV 26291|
Richard Grist, 304.645.7674
Falling Water Cabin is located just 5 minutes to Snowshoe Resort on a very private 1.53 acre wooded lot. This immaculate log cabin was recently updated boasting a new metal roof and porch railings. The interior is “move in” condition and the cabin comes fully furnished. Updated title report and recent appraisal on file.
In 2016, the Marchetti family graciously donated their cabin to the United Way of Greenbrier Valley and all proceeds from the sale will provide relief to the victims of the 2016 flood that devastated the area.
Falling Water Cabin is a 1.5 story log cabin with 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, situate on a private wooded 1.53 acre lot. It features a living room, kitchen, eating area, bedroom, hall bath and laundry area on the main level. The living room has a vaulted ceiling with wood beams and ceiling fan as well as corner stone fireplace with gas logs. The cabin has hardwood flooring throughout. The upper level has a loft with a vaulted ceiling and wood beams, hardwood floors and ceiling fan. The loft area is currently being utilized as a bedroom. A new metal roof and new porch railing was added in November, 2016.
SQUARE FOOTAGE AND DIMENSIONS
2 Bedrooms (one in the loft)
Living Room (with fireplace) / Dining / Kitchen open concept
Large open exterior deck
Large covered porch
Cabin Square Footage Summary
768 SF +/- Main Level (32 X 24)
210 SF +/- Loft (15 X 14)
TOTAL: 978 SF +/-
Room Dimension Summary
Living Room / Dining Room 11 X 23 plus 3 X 16
Kitchen 8 X 7 plus 6 X 4
Bathroom 5 X 3 plus 6 X 3 plus 5 X 7
Bedroom 15 X 12 plus 3 X 4
Loft: 15 X 14
Covered Porch 32 X 8
Open deck 8 X 32
• Electric (MonPower)and telephone (Frontier) service to the cabin
• Television service and internet connection can be obtained from DirectTV or HughesNet
• Due to the mountainous topography cell phone coverage can be spotty.
• A community spring provides water to the cabin
• Sewer is provided by a county approved septic system
• Trash pickup on site
The county is subject to some zoning and subdivision regulations. All prospective buyers should consult the County Commission and also the Health Department for details regarding zoning, building codes and installation of septic systems.
DEED AND TAX INFORMATION
911 address: 313 Erehwon Drive, Slatyfork, WV 26291
Deed Information: Deed Book 360 at page 453
Pocahontas County, West Virginia
Falling Water Cabin is located within a subdivision and is therefore subject to certain covenants and restrictions as are found of record in Pocahontas County in instruments of record in Deed Book 233 at pages 533 and 537, and in Deed Book 265 at page 660, as amended by instrument found in Deed Book 271 at page 587.
Real Estate Tax ID/Acreage/Taxes:
Pocahontas County, West Virginia
TM 22F Parcel 4
2016 Total Real Estate Taxes: $552.02
Pocahontas County West Virginia, set deep in the Allegheny Mountains, separating West Virginia from Virginia. Called “the birthplace of rivers” The Greenbrier, Gauley, Elk, Cherry, Cranberry, Tygart Valley, Williams, and Shavers Fork of the Cheat rivers all begin in these pristine mountains. The area is rooted in its crystal clear streams, native brook trout, roaring waterfalls, and unique history.
Destinations and Tourism:
• Snowshoe Ski Resort is West Virginias #1 Tourist Attraction; bringing ~450,000 skiers and ~ 600,000 tourists and vacationers to the area. It is the home of the Gary Player Championship Golf Course. The resort is owned by Intrawest (NASDAQ:SNOW) and has been expanding both its residential and commercial properties at the top of Cheat Mountain for the last 20 years, with plans to expand it villages and retail venues to sections of the several thousand acres that sprawl at the foot of the mountain.
From the Snowshoe intersection of Route 219 and CR66, travel CR66 2.3 miles to a Y intersection, bear right on CR9 (Linwood Road) and travel 2.6 miles to an unnamed road on the right. Turn in and follow the gravel road to “Falling Water” cabin.
- State of West Virginia
- West Virginia Explorer
- West Virginia Government
- West Virginia State Parks
- West Virginia Tourism
- Wonderful West Virginia Magazine
- WV Department of Natural Resources
- Virginia – Commonwealth of Virginia
- Virginia is for Lovers
- Virginia Museum of History & Culture
- Virginia Museum of Natural History
- Virginia National Park Service
- Virginia Recreation
- Virginia State Parks